'Book Week' Home Learning Ideas
Visits and places to explore: (the links in green are free attractions!)
- The local library always has fantastic workshops for children to join in with and many are completely free! Why not also spend some time exploring some of the amazing books (for both children and adults!) that the library will loan you, again with no charge!
- Reading challenge - each place you visit, whether popping to the shops, going on a picnic or walking the dog, encourage your child to take a book and pose for a photo! You can then spend time comparing and finding the most bizarre place you caught them reading!
*Please note as much as we encourage these wonderful visits and think they are fantastic learning experiences, if you wish to visit these please do so at weekends, evenings or during the holidays - we really don't want your little ones to miss any school learning!*
Great book recommendations from Miss McRae for book week:
- Stick man by Julia Donaldson
- The Snail and the Whale by Julia Donaldson
- Each Peach Pear Plum by Janet and Allan Ahlberg
- The Jolly Postman by Janet and Allan Ahlberg
- The Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton
- Charlie Cook's Favourite Book by Julia Donaldson
- Where the wild things are by Maurice Sendak
- The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
- Tuesday by David Weisner
- Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter