'Jack and the Beanstalk' Home Learning Ideas
Visits and places to explore: (the links in green are free attractions!)
- Visiting a local garden centre such as Longacres which sell bean plants to take home and grow - we will also be doing this at school so your child will know what they need!
- Visiting a green grocers or the vegetable counter at a local supermarket, purchasing some fresh veg then creating something yummy at home like a homemade vegetable soup!
- Visiting a friend or relatives allotment is also another way to get 'stuck in'!
- There are lots of different versions of Jack and the Beanstalk so head down to the local library and see what other ones you can find!
*Please note as much as we encourage these wonderful visits and think they are fantastic learning experiences, if you wish to visit these please do so at weekends, evenings or during the holidays - we really don't want your little ones to miss any school learning!*
Activities to do at home:
Click on the text below the pictures to find resources and instructions as to how to carry out these lovely dinosaur related activities at home!
Great books linked to 'Jack and the Beanstalk': (the books in green can be loaned from Staines or Ashford Library)
- Jack and the Jelly Beanstalk by Rachael Mortimer
- Jack and the Beanstalk by Laura Barella
- Jasper's Beanstalk by Nick Butterworth
- Cinderella and the Beanstalk by Hilary Robinson
- Jim and the Beanstalk by Raymond Briggs
- Jack and the Baked Beanstalk by Colin Stimpson