Families are the first 'group' to which children belong
Places to visit and explore:
- Visit extended family - Grandparents, Cousins, Aunties & Uncles.
- Spend time together as a family - Family movie night, cosy up on the sofa with a bowl of popcorn or if the sun is shining have a family picnic in your garden, local park, favourite spot, etc.
- Visit Windsor castle - Talk about and explore the royal family.
Activities to try at home:
- Make a family tree
- Find a photo of your family to bring to show and tell
- Build a puzzle together
- Family finger puppets
- Make a family quilt
Books to read:
- The family Book - by Todd Parr
- Rosie's Family (An adoption story) - by Lori Rosave
- One family - by George Shannon
- Families, families, families! - by Suzanne Lang
- Mummy, Mama & me / Daddy, Papa & me - by Leslea Newman