Welcome to Polar Bear Class
I can't believe we are on the final half term of Year 3 already! The class have grown, lost teeth and made so much incredible progress over the year!
The children have LOVED our topics so far (the Ancient Mayans, Stone Age, the local area, Brazil and Christopher Columbus), made very clear from their enthusiasm in all our lessons, the development in their writing and the research that they took the time to do outside of the classroom.
THEY ARE NOW ABLE TO
(Please keep an eye on the development of this list as the year progresses)
- Use similes
- Write beautifully with description and expanded noun phrases
- Say their 3, 4 and 6 times tables
- Understand what multiples and factors are
- Add using the column method
- Subtract 3-digit numbers
- Write complete stories with a problem
- Present to the class
- Work in groups
- Solve complex Mathematics problems
- Find a 1/2 or a 1/4 of a 2 and 3-digit number
- Add and subtract using column method
- Use show-me sentences
- Use adverbs and adverbial phrases
- Say 'hello, my name is _____. How are you? I am fine thank you' in French
- Identify the capital of Brazil
- Identify and explain what an adverb or an adverbial phrase is
- Recall key dates and facts about Christopher Columbus
- Use Roman numerals
- Multiply a 2-digit number by a 1-digit number
- Tell the time
This term our topic is:
Have a look at the links below to find out how we will incorporate the topic into each lesson.
Reminder dates for this half term:
Monday 29th May 2017: Bank Holiday Monday
Monday 5th June 2017: Final half term starts
Thursday 8th June 2017: Year 3 assembly (come along and watch)
Friday 16th June 2017: International Day & Non-uniform day
Friday 30th June 2017: Sports Day
Monday 3rd July 2017: Inset Day
Thursday 20th July 2017: Last day of school
(Please keep an eye on this page for any updates)
I want to emphasise how incredibly proud I am of every single student in year 3 in regards to their work so far!
Please approach me in regards to anything.