'Vegetables' Home Learning Ideas
Visits and places to explore: (the links in green are free attractions!)
- Garsons Pick Your Own Farm - please check the crop timetable before you go to see what is available to pick!
- Visiting a local garden centre such as Longacres which sell vegetable plants to take home and grow - potatoes don't take much looking after and lettuces grow quite quickly!
- Visiting a green grocers or the vegetable counter at a local supermarket, purchasing some fresh veg then creating something yummy at home like a homemade vegetable soup!
- Visiting a friend or relatives allotment is also another way to get 'stuck in'!
*Please note as much as we encourage these wonderful visits and think they are fantastic learning experiences, if you wish to visit these please do so at weekends, evenings or during the holidays - we really don't want your little ones to miss any school learning!*
Activities to do at home:
Click on the text below the pictures to find resources and instructions as to how to carry out these lovely vegetables related activities at home!
Great books linked to 'Vegetables': (the books in green can be loaned from Staines or Ashford Library)
- I can cook from the garden by Sally Brown
- Belle and Boo and the yummy scrummy day by Gillian Shields
- Winnie's Amazing Pumpkin by Korky Paul
- Ready, Steady Grow by Dorling Kindersley
- Eat your greens Goldilocks by Bruno Robert
- George and Flora's Secret Garden by Jo Elworthy
- We are what we eat by Sally Smallwood
- Vegetables in underwear by Jared Chapman
- Vegetables by Monica Wellington
- The Vegetable Thieves by Inga