'Life on a farm' Home Learning Ideas
Visits and places to explore: (the links in green are free attractions!)
- Any local farm - we are lucky to have lots of amazing ones very close to us! Some local farms include Hounslow Urban Farm, Bocketts Farm, Hobbledown, Odds Farm Park and Godstone Farm Park.
- There is also a local poultry show and 'Farmers Market' in Wraysbury which runs once every month (every 2nd Monday of the month). Within this 'show' there stalls selling poultry, fresh eggs, owl handlers etc. There is a small entrance fee of £1.00 per adult and children enter for free - it would be a great evening for your child to ask questions to the experts! The leaflet with details is below. Kind members of the poultry group have also offered for us to borrow their own equipment to allow us to hatch chicks free of charge - please do support their shows as they have supported us!
*Please note as much as we encourage these wonderful visits and think they are fantastic learning experiences, if you wish to visit these please do so at weekends, evenings or during the holidays - we really don't want your little ones to miss any school learning!*
Activities to do at home:
Click on the text below the pictures to find resources and instructions as to how to carry out these lovely dinosaur related activities at home!
Great books linked to 'Life on a Farm': (the books in green can be loaned from Staines or Ashford Library)
- Washing line by Jez Alborough
- Don't get lost by Pat Hutchins
- Nursery Time by Mij Kelly
- Chicken Mission, danger in the deep dark woods by Jennifer Gray
- The house that Zac built by Alison Murray
- Little Red Hens great escape by Elizabeth Dale
- Nanny Fox by Georgie Adams
- The scarecrows secret by Anna Milbourne
- Muddle Farm by Axel Schiffer
- On the Farm by Enid Blyton
- What the ladybird heard by Julia Donaldson
- Down on the Farm by Amy Houts