Our first topic is the STONE AGE!
It is such a fantastic topic and gives the children an opportunity to learn about the first humans and their survival techniques.
History is essential and allows us to understand how the current world works.
We will look at the topic through different subjects which will allow the children to explore their creativity and deepen their understanding of the topic in a more interesting way.
Throughout the topic, the class will:
- create their own versions of Stonehenge
- Understand how to survive in the Stone Age
- Understand and be able to explain why a mammoth was so important
- Learn about the different types of fossils
- Build their creative writing
- Write newspaper reports about the transition to the Iron Age
PLUS SO MUCH MORE!
Have a look at the following websites for excellent additional information and research material:
For those of you that want to read some brilliant Stone Age to Iron Age themed books have a look at the following list:
1. Savage Stone Age: Horrible Histories
2. Stone Age Boy
3. UG: Boy Genius of the Stone Age
4. Stig of the Dump
5. The Boy with the Bronze Axe
6. The Secrets of Stonehenge
7. The History Detective Investigates: Stone Age to Iron Age