Ideas for activities at home linked to the Three Billy Goats Gruff' topic:
- Retelling the story with puppets, pictures or props! (top tip: wooden spoons can be easily made into a variety of characters!)
- Looking at objects and talking about their size. What other words can we use to describe something small? Medium? Large?
- Discuss ordinal numbers. Who crossed the bridge 1st/2nd/3rd?
- Talk about how the characters may have felt? Why was the troll so grumpy? Do you think the smallest billy goat was brave, why?
- Go to the library and read a 'fractured fairy tale'. (A fractured fairy tale is a tale that is based on a traditional fairy tale however is designed to be humorous by changing the story in an unexpected way!)
Three Billy Goats Gruff
For a great, interactive story please click one of the links below.