**You can collect a Maths and English book from the office during school hours for the children to complete their work in**
Following the announcement on 04/01/2021 that all schools will have to close, we are now moving to Remote Education which will be conducted in a number of ways.
1. Each morning children will be expected to attend a tutor session that I will lead and explain the upcoming work for that day. This session is meant for the children to have a better understanding of the set work and is meant to imitate the input part of lessons that we would have when in school. For Year 4, our tutor period will last from 9:30-10:00 each weekday morning. The children have all been sent a Microsoft Teams login via email which is where this tutor period will take place. To access this, the children will need to login using their details and they will get a notification to join the meeting once I have set it up at 9:30. Children are encouraged to use cameras where available but I would ask that they stay on mute unless they need to ask a question. A daily register will be taken of the children who attend this session.
2. Work will be uploaded onto this page (below) each day with links to the work children are to complete which will have been discussed in our tutor period. The majority of the work the children are to complete comes from 'The Oak Academy' which is an online resource where lessons are taught by real teachers and they then set activities for the children to complete. Whilst the videos are relatively short, they include activities where the children should pause and have a go and as such should cover at least an hour.
3. National expectations are that children should complete a minimum of 3 hours of work per day. Our tutor period will account for 30 minutes of this, English an hour, Maths an hour and then the last 30 minutes will be filled with our 'afternoon activities' which will consist of subjects such as Geography, Art, Music etc.
4. Once work has been completed, children will be able to send a picture of it to me via Class Dojo. Account details have been sent via email and it can be installed on the majority of devices. When logged in you will have the option to ask questions or send work which I can then view and give feedback if necessary.
5. There are three different ways to contact me. Firstly, children will be able to ask any questions during our tutor period each morning between 9:30 and 10:00. Secondly, questions can be sent via class Dojo which I can then respond to. Lastly, you can contact me via email (email@example.com). I will be available for contact from the hours of 08:30-16:00 each day. Any questions sent out of these hours I will respond to the next working day.
6. Whilst there is no real strict timetable whilst working from home (apart from our tutor period) I would suggest following the below structure as closely as possible each day to ensure the children have a routine that they can settle in to.
Our PE days are on Monday and Fridays. Until further notice the children will need to come in wearing their PE kit and then take it home where it can be washed.
Currently, we are having to make several changes to our reading schedule with books having to be quarantined on return to the school. We will be taking in all reading books on Fridays and then handing out new ones on Monday allowing the books 48 hours to quarantine before being handed out to other children. The children will also still be visiting the library on Wednesday afternoon where they will be able to choose a book. On return, the library books will also be quarantined before being put back into the library.
Due to current regulations I am unable to have extended conversations with parents at drop off and collection. However, if you need me urgently please feel free to contact the school office who will let me know and I will get back to you as soon as I can either by phone or, if essential, organise a face to face meeting where a face mask will need to be worn to protect us all.
Homework will be handed out on a Thursday to be given in by Tuesday. The homework will contain spellings which will be tested on the Wednesday and another task based on our learning at school. The children are also expected to read 5 times a week and record this in their reading diaries and practice their times tables on TTRockstars. If you're unsure of their log in for this website please ask and I will be happy to give it to you.